Information and useful Websites for Self Referral 


At school we have many different options for getting help for children and families, much dependent on the help that is needed. Please speak to your child’s class teacher, the office, Mrs Adams (Inclusion Manager) or Mrs Caslake (Learning Mentor) for help or advice. 


If you feel you need to access help during the school holidays the following links are useful for information and self referral:


Child and Family Well Being Service


A service run by Lancashire County Council offering help and advice on a number of services from housing and jobs to adult, child and family well being, counselling and family mediation. 


Children and family wellbeing service


The Key Charity


A charity providing flexible services that are tailored to individuals’ needs and build on people’s strengths. 


They provide a number of different services including:

  • Drop in services in Chorley and South Ribble for people who are homeless and require immediate help
  • A family mediation service for families who are struggling to get along
  • A counselling service for people who are having a tough time
  • Housing training to help people live on their own
  • Employment mentoring and training to build confidence and improve job prospects
  • Emotional, Health and Wellbeing support for young people and families, supporting positive changes for the whole family
  • Critical Tenancy Support, supporting Progress tenants who are finding it difficult to maintain their tenancies.


Child Action North West (CANW)


Offer counselling for a number of different issues such as:


  • Bereavement, loss and separation
  • Depression and low mood
  • Anger problems, emotional control
  • Anxiety and stress management
  • Low self esteem and confidence
  • Problem solving, coping and resilience strategies
  • Self-harm
  • Sexuality
  • Attachment issues
  • Identifying and understanding parent and child patterns of interaction
  • Post trauma support


Family Support


General, Local Help and Advice

Local advice on a number of different issues, e.g. housing, benefits, domestic abuse, antisocial behaviour, dementia help, etc.

South Ribble Council:


Local Covid Help

South Ribble Council :


Relationship Help

Counselling and advice about relationships for adults. Advice and counselling for children who are affected by a breakdown in relationships between adults.



Domestic Abuse

Domestic Abuse. Domestic abuse is any type of controlling, bullying, threatening or violent behaviour between people in a relationship. Witnessing domestic abuse can have lasting effects on children. If you are an adult experiencing domestic abuse, there are organisations that can help.

National Domestic Violence Helpline:

Men’s Domestic Abuse Helpline: Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men | Men's Advice Line UK


Adult Mental Health

Mental health help and guidance for adults

Minds Matter: Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust | Mindsmatter Homepage (


It is very rare, but should you feel your child is at risk of harm because of their mental health then contact 111 or take them to see the GP. If you feel the risk of harm is immediate then contact 999 or visit the Accident and Emergency department in hospital.