Healthy Hearts Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies
Encouraging children to become resilient, independent and to believe in themselves is embedded into every aspect of school life at Whitefield and teachers incorporate challenge and opportunities for self development in lessons on a daily basis to support this. However, from time to time, we understand that children can need a little more support to help them to overcome difficulties which they may be experiencing.
If your child is experiencing difficulties there are a number of things you can do:
- Speak to your child’s teacher to let them know.
- Have a look on the information links below; we have put together a number of different resources for you to look at and you will also find links to some fantastic websites offering advice and help.
- Have a look at the ‘Learning Mentor’ section and see what help we can offer in school.
- Complete the ‘Learning Mentor Support Request’ form below and someone from school will contact you
- Phone or email the office and ask to speak to a member of the pastoral support team.
- If you feel you or your child needs support during the school holidays, weekends or out of school hours, you will find details of external agencies who can help under ‘signposting’.
We can also signpost how families can get help if they are experiencing difficulties, for example, housing, food, domestic violence, difficulty in coping with a child’s behaviour, bereavement etc. Please contact a member of the pastoral support team and we will do all we can to help.
Click on the links to find out more about help that is available at Whitefield and externally.